Looking Forward: What's New in PPE
With a difficult year behind us, we look forward to meeting with clients and old friends in person again. But even during lock-down, people have continued working in the hope of making each workplace safer. This holds true, as well, for electrical safety in the workplace.
With this spirit of optimism, we would like to share new products that PPE manufacturers have developed. We will showcase one product every few weeks for the next three months on this blog. We provide some details here. Be sure to link to the manufacturers’ websites to find out more.
In this first of the series, we focus on an FR Lightweight Carhartt shirt for men and women.
e-Hazard does not endorse any PPE manufacturer or product. We share information with all our clients so that potential buyers can make more informed decisions.
Carhartt Shirt For Men and Women
Made of a honeycomb weave that’s breathable, sweat-wicking and quick-drying. Designed to meet industry safety standards, it’s flame-resistant for on-the-job protection.
- Made in both men’s and women’s sizing
- 4.7-ounce, 50% viscose / 33% meta-aramid / 10% nylon / 5% para-aramid / 2% antistat FR twill
- Meets the performance requirements of NFPA 70E/ASTM F1506
- UL classified to NFPA 2112
- Built with Force technology to wick sweat, dry fast, and fight odors
- FastDry technology keeps you cool for all-day comfort
- Carhartt-strong, triple-stitched main seams
- Breathable honeycomb weave; wrinkle-resistant, anti-static, colorfast fabric
- Button-down collar and front with flame-resistant melamine buttons; extended sleeve plackets with two-button adjustable cuffs
- Carhartt FR label sewn on left pocket; NFPA 2112 / CAT 2 label sewn on sleeve placket
- Two chest pockets with button closures
- Tradesman double-layer pocket on left chest