Low Voltage Qualified Refresher
Electrical Safety Low Voltage Qualified Refresher Class
This class keeps attendees current on the information gained in the standard Low Voltage Qualified class. In addition to a review of standard electrical safety principles, attendees also receive an update on current NFPA 70E guidelines and requirements.
Class Prerequisite: You must take the Low Voltage Qualified training class before you can attend the LV Refresher training class.
Also offered as a Train the Trainer class.
What You'll Learn
Attendees of our Low Voltage Refresher training class will learn the following information:
- Practical compliance strategies found in the current NFPA 70E Standard for electrical safety in the workplace
- Relevant standards such as NFPA 70E, OSHA, NEC and how they apply
- What electrical hazards exist, including shock and arc flash
- Strategies for reducing the risk of hazards occurring or causing injury
- How to determine appropriate boundaries for shock and arc flash hazards
- Engineering methods for mitigating hazards
- A risk assessment exercise using the NFPA 70E tables method
- Equipment labels and what information should be included
- How to choose Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), what the ratings mean and additional precautions that may be necessary
- Awareness of best work practices related to PPE, job planning, lockout/tagout, meter usage, equipment maintenance and worksite considerations
Who Should Attend?
- Safety directors
- Electrical contractors
- Maintenance electricians
- Owners and managers
e-Hazard offers the following Continuing Education Credits for the Low Voltage Qualified Refresher electrical safety training class.
- State Electrical Boards: AK, AL, CO, ID, KY (2 safety hours), LA, MD, NC, NJ, NM, OH, OR, SD, WA, WI, WY (open only)
- Las Vegas, NV
Visit our Electrical Training Continuing Education page for more details.