First Responder Electrical Safety Awareness
Electrical Safety for First Responders
This class provides a review of the hazards that exist in overhead and aerial electrical lines as well as electrical hazards that exist in commercial, institutional, and industrial environments.
What You'll Learn
Our Electrical Safety for First Responders class will cover the following:
- Shock and arc flash awareness
- Hazard awareness while responding to specific emergencies – overhead lines, motors, etc.
- How to deal with fixed equipment
- Issues when dealing with mobile and portable equipment
- Discussion of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Who Should Attend?
The following professionals should attend this training class:
- Emergency management personnel
- Incident commanders
- Safety officers
- Fire chiefs
- Assistant fire chiefs