High Voltage Qualified Refresher
Electrical Safety High Voltage Qualified Refresher Class
Designed for those who have already had initial training, this class provides high voltage electrical safety refresher training based on current OSHA 1910.269, NESC, and NFPA 70E standards. It keeps attendees updated on standards and work practices required for maintaining personal safety when working with or around 600V or higher.
Available as part of the Train the Trainer program.
What You'll Learn
- Regulations related to being HV – Qualified and working safely
- Safe practices working on or near energized equipment
- Live line work, tools and equipment
- Mobile equipment and electrical hazards
- De-energized testing
- Creating a safe work zone (Tape in/Tape out)
- Public safety (limited approach) boundaries
- Minimum approach distance
- When is it live-line work?
- What tasks do not require a live-line permit
- Testing and verifying equipment is de-energized
- Why you must ground
- Field testing requirements
Who Should Attend?
Our High Voltage Refresher Electrical Safety class is designed for the following personnel who have previously attended e-Hazard training:
- Safety engineers
- Electrical Engineers
e-Hazard offers the following Continuing Education Credits for our High Voltage Refresher training class.
- State Electrical Boards: AK, AL, ID, KY (2 safety hours), LA, MD, NC, NJ, NM, OH, OR, SD, WA, WI, WY, Las Vegas, NV
Visit our Electrical Training Continuing Education page for more details.