Brian’s story of his attitude-changing experience with an arc flash is a good reminder of the importance of wearing PPE properly and using the correct tools for the job.
His story was recently referenced in an informative article in powermag.com, an official publication of Electric Power.
Brian’s goal in telling his story is to keep someone else from making the same mistakes he did. Brian was fortunate in that he was not permanently disabled from this accident. But arc flash incidents do change the way people look at electrical work, and ultimately can change HOW a person does his or her work on and around electrical equipment.
If one of your goals is to work safely in order to prevent injury to yourself and workers around you, this short video should reinforce your conviction.
You can also access this video on Youtube.