Low Voltage Qualified – 8 Hours
Electrical Safety Low Voltage Qualified Training Class
Used by more NFPA 70E committee members, our training provides a thorough knowledge of the dangers and recommended safe behaviors for those who work daily around electrical hazards. This low voltage course goes beyond the theoretical to give attendees a complete understanding of regulations regarding electrical and arc flash safety and how to apply them in real-world situations. The course also details differences contained in the 2015 NFPA 70E standard from the 2012 version.
Our arc flash training is the most complete in the industry without spending hours reading through OSHA and NFPA 70E regulations. We digest the information critical to the electrical worker and safety professional and put it in a concept-based, adult learner friendly format that makes it easy to understand, remember and apply.
Course Outline (PDF)
Use this chart to help decide what type of training is right for you.
Fee For Off-Site Open-Registration Training Seminar
$400 per person. Group rates available; call for details (502) 716-7073.
Fee for Onsite Training
$3,900 for first day of training, $2,750 for each additional day. Local rates and volume rates available.
Includes 8 hours of training for up to 40 attendees, and instructor travel to US locations.
Additional $45 per person for the e-Hazard workbook, $67.50 for NFPA 70E, 2015 Standard (unless provided by site).
Training Locations & Dates
Upcoming off-site open-registration low voltage qualified training classes.
|Greensboro, NC - CLOSED||5-29-15|
|Louisville, KY - Call for Details||6-1-15|
|Atlanta, GA||9-26-15 - call for details|
|Atlanta, GA||10-1-15 - call for details|
|Phoenix, AZ||10-6-15 - Call for details|
|Nashville, TN||10-14-15 - call for details|
|Orlando, FL||10-20-15 - call for details|
|Louisville, KY||12-1-15 - call for details|
What You'll Learn
- Practical compliance with NFPA 70E 2015 Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- How to do table-based hazard assessments using NFPA 70E 2015
- How to choose personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the NFPA 70E tables
- Differences between the NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E 2015 and OSHA standards
- PPE do's and don'ts for workers exposed to shock and electric arc hazards
- Standards to use in clothing and PPE selection
- Explanations of Arc Ratings, ATPV, EBTAS and EBT, and how they are applied
- The ins and outs of flame resistant, arc-rated (FR) clothing and other shock and arc PPE
Who Should Attend
- Safety directors
- Electrical contractors
- Maintenance electricians
- Owners & managers
- Supervisors working directly with 480V or greater equipment or overseeing personnel who do
|7:30 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 AM||Introduction to Electrical Safety & NFPA 70E 2015|
|10:15 AM||Electrical Hazards: Shock, Arc Blast, Arc Flash|
|12:00 PM||Working Lunch (box lunch provided)|
|12:30 PM||PPE Selection & Use|
|3:00 PM||Table Task Hazard Analysis|
|4:00 PM||Safe Work Practices (OSHA requirements & best practices)|
|5:00 PM||Wrap Up|
Certified for Continuing Education with:
- State Electrical Boards: AK, AL, DE, FL, ID, KY, LA, MT, NC, NE, NJ, NM, OH, OR, SD, TX (Course Number 12164, Provider Number 1734), UT, WA, WI, and WY (WY open classes only)
- Evansville, IN, Las Vegas, NV
*Effective December 26, 2013, BICSI recognizes Electrical Workplace Safety NFPA 70E Low Voltage Qualified training for the following BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs): 7 BICSI ITS CECs
An alternative to our on-site training is our Low Voltage DVD/Online Training Package.